Click Here For Remote/Online Student & Faculty Resources (Canvas, Zoom, Etc.)
  • Check the top 10 questions on this page.
  • Ask a real question using plain English.
  • Don't use weird search keywords or symbols.
  • Ask one question at a time (works best).
Type Your Question Here

Session Summary   Print Friendly   Email to a Friend

Our Best Answer - What is academic counseling?

Academic Counseling

The goal of our Academic Counseling is to help you make good decisions about your time at College of the Sequoias by giving you accurate information in a supportive environment.

Academic counselors are available on each of our three campuses. in addition to online.  Three options are available for contacting a counselor:

  •     Appointment:  To make an appointment with a general counselor at College of the Sequoias, please call (559) 730-3741 for the Visalia and Tulare Campuses.  If you wish to see a counselor at the Hanford Campus, please call (559)583.2500. If you belong to a special program on campus such as EOPS or DRC, please contact their department for a counseling appointment.
  •     Walk-In Counseling:  Walk-in counseling is available without an appointment during posted hours. Students are taken on a first come, first served basis. Please note that students may have to wait before being seen, especially during peak registration periods during and at the beginning of each semester.
  •     Online: For quick questions that do not require a face to face meeting with a counselor, students are encourage to use the Online Counseling Request
    Please be sure to fill in all of the required fields on the Online Counseling Request page and make sure your question is clearly stated. This will help the counselor in providing you with the appropriate response.

Are you satisfied with your answer?